Workshop for children: The Chapel of Fallen Leaves
Workshop for Základní uměleckou školu v Duchcově is inspired by the history of building of The Baroque Chappel of the Valdštejn Hospital in the garden of the Duchov castle.
Lecturer: Radoslava Schmelzová
Asisstance: Dagmar Šubrtová
Teacher: Petra Wolfová
This workshop is inspired by Baroque Wallenstein hospital chapel in the castle garden. In 1958 the entire complex of the hospital was demolished to further the expansion of coal mining towards the center of Duchcova. Local history will be played like a a game where children reconstruct the floorplan of the missing chapel made from fallen leaves. The workshop will create a sense of connection between the lost history and local natural materials.
The Central Hospital with the Chapel Assumption of Mary at Duchcov castle was built between 1716-1728 for Jan Josef Wallenstein. The Czech Baroque masters Ferdinand Brokoff and Bernard Braun worked here as scuptors, as well as the painter Wenzel Lorenz Reiner. His fresco was transferred from the demolished church to a modern concrete pavilion designed by architect Jan Sokol.
The Elementary Art School Ivan Kawaciuk Duchcov bears the name of a famous violin virtuoso originally from Duchcovská, a tradition stretching back to 1925. Currently the school offers a degree in art, music, dance and drama.
The head coordinator of Frontiers of Solitude, sculptor and curator Dagmar Šubrtová lives and works in Kladno, where she is continually confronted with the environment of an industrial landscape. …
Radoslav Schmelzová, Mgr., studied art history and cultural heritage management at the University of Ostrava and the theory and history of design and new media at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague. …