By samotář, 22 September 2018
By samotar, 20 July 2018
By samotar, 22 November 2017
By miloš vojtěchovský, 24 November 2016
By samotař, 4 October 2016
By , 11 September 2016
By samotař, 31 July 2016
By samotar, 12 March 2016
By Stanislaw, 7 February 2016
By , 25 December 2015
By Michal Kindernay, 21 December 2015
By Samotar, 23 November 2015
By Samotar, 17 October 2015
By John Dee, 11 October 2015
Od kláštera Osek na Selesiovu výšinu, k Lomu, Libkovicům, Hrdlovce a zpět/From The Osek Cloister to Lom and back
By Samotar, 27 September 2015
By ll, 25 September 2015
Tušimice II and The Vicarage, or the Parsonage at Mariánské Radčice
Wednesday morning we drove from the town of Most to the the Tušimice II lignite quarry, located near Kadaň. The original name of the quarry was Důl Nástup.
Afternoon we returned to Most and part of the expedition took the the train to Louka u Litvínova and by bike we arrived finally in the vicarage of Mariánské Radčice. Splendid baroque building with many dormitories, 1 priest, 5 dogs and 3 kitchens. Only disadvantage is lack of internet connection. Later we discovered continuous humming from the open cast pit Bílina located eastwards on the frontiers of the village direction Libkovice.
The municipality of Mariánské Radčice covers an area of 12.49 square kilometres (4.82 sq mi), and has a population of 436 people. Mariánské Radčice lies 9 kilometres north of Most, 29 km west of Ústí nad Labem, and 77 km north-west of Prague. The high period of the Baroque premises of Our Lady of Sorrows took place in the 18th and 19th century, thereby even a decrease in the rate of visitors. From 1848, pilgrimage tradition was renewed. The critical period came after 1945, when the Germans were moved out and the monastery in Osek was terminated and transformed into the prison for priests and monks. In 1989, the Cistercian Order returned to Osek, the premises became their property again. Since 2007, the tradition of Marian pilgrimages has been renewed and this upcomming weekend is in the village fair.
We visited the terrain of the underground mine Kohinoor, closed down in 2008. It is on walk distance from the village. It used to provide a job for 2000 employes, later around 1000 and currently only 42 men work there. Their main function is to take care about the new Lake of Most, which belongs to their service and observing several closed deep mines in the district.
Today Tommi and Gunhild from Norway finally arrived, as well Peter Cusack. Vladimír Turner and Dagmar Šubrtovová left to Prague, will be comming back Saturday.
Thursday afternoon a walk towards borders of the mining area with Martin, Tommy, Miloš and Michal. The landscape is created by bushes, small lakes and old orchards. The asphalt road we walked on suddently ended in a lake. In the middle of the pond stand a electricity pole withour wires.
Peter Cusack: Lignite Clouds (Sound Workshop)
Locations: Most Basin - Libkovice, Jezeří Chateau, Mariánské Radčice, Osek, Lom u Mostu, Most lake Accommodation: Mariánské Radčice (vicarage) …